Friday, May 29, 2015

You

You're not patient, 
sometimes you're not kind, 
but then neither 
am I. 
We are not perfect, 
but are made 
perfect by a God 
who loves us. 
Sometimes you are completely 
unbearable, 
sometimes you make 
me cry and 
cause me lash out 
in anger. 
You're difficult, 
You're stubborn and 
hold on to 
what you should let go of. 
You can be impossible to talk to
and you don't listen 
all that well. 
You're blind to what is 
right in front of you
and you never
give me time to think
things through. 
There are things I can't stand
about you and that 
irritate me 
to the point of total 
frustration, 
but I wouldn't change them. 
For your convictions, your faults, 
your morals, your faith, 
your irritating 
habits, 
your unmistakable good 
heart
and every flaw that you have, 
I wouldn't change. 
I wouldn't change these
because they 
make you, 
you, and who you are
is someone 
who is perfectly flawed
in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment