Saturday, May 30, 2015

Faith


    Faith, hope and love. We know that these things are important in our lives. we read these words in 1 Corinthians 13:13 - Three things will last forever - faith, hope and love - and the greatest of these is love. We read them over and over, but do we really trust them? Do we take them to heart and keep them in the fore front of our mind? 

     In my latest trial, I struggle to remind myself of these things. Love is patient, love is kind...but love hurts. It is hard to remember that we are to be loving and faithful when the person that we love is hurting us. Even if we know the hurt is not intentional. When we are hurting it is difficult for us to remember that God loves us and even though He may be allowing us to go through this trial, it doesn't mean He is sitting up in Heaven enjoying or pain and suffering. He allows us to go through these trials to help us grow. Believe it or not to strengthen our faith, so that we can become the woman (or man) that God has called us to be. 

God's word gives us hope, fills us with His love and reminds us
he is faithful to those who have faith in him. 
     As I read my bible this morning I realized, or more so, I recalled a song that comes on K-Love, though I can't recall the name, part of the lyrics say, that nothing is impossible for God, anything is possible. It just takes faith. I know that God is working on my in many areas right now, but faith is a big one. This morning I was giving advice to someone and my own words slapped me in the face, sometimes God withholds what we want, the very thing we are praying and hoping for, to test us. He wants to know that no matter what trial we face, no matter how much it hurts us, and no matter the outcome that our faith, hope and trust are in Him. As I pray for my situation, I know that no matter what happens, God's plan is the best plan. I know God brought this person in my life for a reason, and I am thankful for him everyday. As I was sitting in a bible study last night, the person giving the message talked about the phrase, "let go and let God," something that we have all heard in our life. I always thought that this was a good thing to do until I realized that this is being passive. God doesn't want us to be passengers in our own life. He wants us to actively seek Him, and actively pray for our situations. So perhaps there are times we do need to let go, and in my situation this may be one of those times, but it may also be one of those times I need to fight on my knees in prayer. I need to fight with His word. 

     We may not get answer right away, but just know that God wants all of us. Not part of us. No half of us. Not 3/4 of us, but all of us. When we have faith in Him, He will direct our paths. I don't know the outcome of my salutation and you may not know the outcome of yours, but know this, God is good, nothing is impossible for Him and He blesses the faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment